I’m not very good at these biography type paragraphs so you’ll just have to bear with me. My name is Rachel, I’m twenty-two years old and I’m from the west of Ireland but currently living in Dublin. I wish I had a whole lot of interesting things to tell you about myself but I’m very unexceptional.
I suppose, I’m a pretty typical twenty-something year old. I’m currently studying towards my MA in Librarian & Information Studies (MLIS) after many years of not knowing who/what I wanted to be. To be honest, I’m still just trying to figure life out and that’s really what my blog posts will be about, I also write poems (poetry-like-rambles) for those interested 🙂
20 (random) things about me:
- I have a BA degree in English and Social & Political science.
- I love animals and own several (3 cats, 3 dogs, a donkey and many chickens).
- I’m generally more of a cat person but my dog, Heidi, is my best friend.
- I have missing joints on both my thumbs.
- I’m a very fussy eater when it comes to meat. I’m a big fan of fish though.
- The 19th century is my favourite time period.
- My favourite authors are: Margaret Atwood, J.D. Salinger and George Orwell.
- My favourite songs are: Holoscene (Bon Iver), Eve the Apple of my Eye (Bell X1), and Youth (Daughter).
- I used to play piano but I haven’t played properly in years and I’m not very good.
- I’m a little bit of a Disney nerd.
- The Fox and the Hound is my favourite Disney movie but Belle (from Beauty & the Beast) is my favourite princess.
- I’m the eldest of four children.
- I’m a Hufflepuff, Gemini and INFP.
- I’m an introvert but I’m also very chatty (sometimes).
- I’m a tea enthusiast.
- I’m also also very enthusiastic about alcohol but that’s slightly frowned upon…
- I work as a library assistant in law firm.
- I either dress really fancy or I just look like a hobo, there’s no in between.
- I’m only fluent in English but I can have a decent conversation in Irish and I know a small standard of French. I also studied a year of Spanish but I’ve forgotten the majority of it.
- I have a birth mark on the heel of my left foot.